Senior Center Membership FAQS
What is SilverSneakers?
- SilverSneakers is a program provided through some insurance companies encouraging physical activity.
How can I become a SilverSneaker?
- Because SilverSneakers is a program offered by Insurance Companies, you would need to contact your insurance company and see if they offer the program.
Where can I find what the Center is offering each month?
- The Center provides a free monthly newsletter that comes out the last Thursday of every month, located in the Purple Newspaper box across from the Front Office.
- Additionally, the Newsletter is uploaded here on the website under the Newsletter tab on the main menu, as well as an option to sign-up for our email subscription to the Monthly Newsletter.
How long does my membership last?
- KSC Memberships last from July 1 to June 30; however, they are not prorated.
Can I Sign up for Events before the sign up date?
- We try and make everything as equal as possible; therefore, you would not be able to sign-up before the set date.
How long after joining the Center can I use the facility?
- Provided that you turned in the application and paid the fee, you can use the facility immediately.
If an event says it’s a SilverSneakers event or class, can I still attend it?
- Non-SilverSneakers members can attend also.
What all does my SilverSneakers do for me regarding the KSC?
- By being a SilverSneaker, your membership fee is covered. However, it doesn’t cover any additional costs for classes or events.