Yoga Nidra will be cancelled until January due to the Holidays.
Yoga Nidra – Relaxation Techniques- will be offered on the 1st Tuesday of every month from 3:30pm-4:30pm in Room 302. The fee is free for members and $3 for non-members( paid at sign up). Paulette Byrd will lead a self-guided class. Please bring eye cover, pillow, and yoga mat to class. Nidra, meaning sleep, is a deep relaxation form of yoga, and a technique to awaken the connection between, body, mind, and soul. The practice is like a deep sleep while you are still awake. This ancient practice is becoming more popular as a form of meditation and mind-body therapy, and has multiple physical benefits.
Yoga Nidra Benefits
- Improves your concentration abilities which allows for a better memory
- You will suddenly find your memory becoming clearer and crisper
- Start retaining what you read and hear better than you have before
- Greater ability to focus
- Helps you become less distracted
- Improve your performance at work
- Allows you to make decisions much more rapidly and accurately
- Helps refresh the mind, leaving it clearer, more settled and better able to process information
- Much more powerful and effective than a nap or coffee break
- Can allow you to experience a much deeper state of rest than when you normally sleep.
Electrical Code Classes (Commercial) will be held on Mondays, through March 26, 2018 in the cafeteria from 6:00 – 8:00pm. Cost is $75.00 payable at sign up. This class will concentrate on the 2011 edition of the National electrical code, covering such installations as health care facilities, hazardous locations, green energy, emergency systems and more.
Piloxing exercise classes are offered at the Senior Center in room 302 on Tuesday and Friday at 9:30am. Piloxing is a combination of Pilates and kickboxing type of exercises that gives you a great cardio workout. Cost is free for members, $2.00 non-members. Non-members can pay for 12 class sessions in the senior center office, we will give you a punch card that will be punched by the instructor for each class.