Membership Requirements & Fees
To be a member of the Kingsport Senior Center, one must be 50 years old or the spouse of a member, fill out an application, visit the center and pay the fee. Our membership year correlates with City of Kingsport’s fiscal year, which is from July 1 – June 30.
Seniors who get Silver Sneakers through their Insurance are eligible for their Membership to be FREE. ( However, Potential Members will still have to visit the office and fill out an application).
Membership fees are due July 1 and cannot be pro-rated.
|$70.00||All other counties|
- When you become a member you get complete access to everything our facility offers.
- We have a Pool Room, Card Room, Exercise Room, Ceramics Studio, Lounge, Gymnasium, Dining Hall, Atrium, Computer Lab, and Woodshop.
- Members also get full access to our Branch Sites and everything they offer.
- Furthermore, members are able to take classes, attend seminars and events, as well as go on trips.
*** Members also have free access of the Aquatic Center Pool from 8-11 on Weekdays and get 20% off of any water Aerobics Classes***
A visitor is anyone at the Senior Center who is not a member. Visitors are expected to announce their presence at the office when they arrive.
The Kingsport Senior Center recognizes two different types of visitors:
- Prospective member:
An eligible member, 50 years or older.
The prospective member may visit the Center four times without joining.
- Guest visitor:
An individual who does not meet the age requirement but is an out-of-town relative or houseguest of a member.
- Visitors are not allowed to use the exercise room, the woodshop, or participate in any aerobics/ exercise classes.